Show me the one, show me the way, help me to know just how to share the love You gave.

Look around you! There is probably someone who could use some love! All too often, we find ourselves surrounded by people who are going through some difficult times. Perhaps you are! Whether it's unemployment, family problems, health problems, depression, loneliness, or whatever, all of us would like some relief from what we are going through. We need to see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

And there is! The Light of Lights, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, is willing and more than able to lift us from our darkness, into His pure and safe haven of light. He promises His love and presence to heal and deliver, to strengthen and help, all those who call on Him.

Like the beam from the mighty lighthouse, that directs ships safely back to harbor, His Light is there to show us the way to Him, for Jesus is truly the Way, the Truth and the Life.

It is my prayer that this site encourages you to reflect His light to those around you who need to know Him. Let Him use you to share His love. And as you embark on this remarkable journey, please share your experiences so that all of us can grow together in our quest to reach all the world, lest anyone should perish.

May God richly bless you!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16


Thursday, October 10, 2013

God Moment In The Park

This morning I posted on Facebook: "Be blessed and be a blessing." Little did I know that this would be a reality to me.
 
After I dropped off my dog to be groomed, I set out for the park to take my walk. These days, the leaves are colored, and starting to drop. The temperatures are comfortable, and this gives me an opportunity to have my time with God. The half hour goes by very quickly!
 
As I returned to  my car, I noticed an older couple walking in the distance. Very slowly. They appeared elderly, and hand in hand, they were headed back to their car. I opened my door to get in, but was stopped as I felt a thought come into my conscience. "Go pray with them." Mind you, I've never gone to strangers before and offered to pray for them. This was not what I usually do. I reasoned, "But what if they refuse?" Another thought came, "At least you tried."
 
So, without closing my door, I walked over to them. They were getting closer to their car, and were about to get in. The man had to help his wife. As I approached them, I realized that this couple attends my church! I hadn't recognized them until I got closer. They were surprised to see me, and I told them that God wanted me to pray with them.
 
The three of us held hands as we prayed. I praised God for who He is, for His love and strength to get through life. I thanked Him for the beautiful park we can walk in, and for each day of life. I asked Him for blessings, and healing, and favor. And I told Him we look forward to spending eternity with Him in His kingdom. They responded while I prayed, and it was a beautiful, love-filled moment. We knew without a doubt that God was with us, and we felt His loving arms around us.
 
While I was blessing them, I was blessed! The exhilerating experience of responding to the promptings of God stayed with me, even after I left the park. We felt His Holy presence, and I am sure that they were lifted up also.
 
I am so glad I prayed with them. And I am so glad they were there to pray with! It was a gentle reminder to me that God is involved in His children's lives, and every now and then, we get a God Moment!
 
"Be blessed and be a blessing!" Yes, Lord!
 

No comments: