Show me the one, show me the way, help me to know just how to share the love You gave.

Look around you! There is probably someone who could use some love! All too often, we find ourselves surrounded by people who are going through some difficult times. Perhaps you are! Whether it's unemployment, family problems, health problems, depression, loneliness, or whatever, all of us would like some relief from what we are going through. We need to see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

And there is! The Light of Lights, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, is willing and more than able to lift us from our darkness, into His pure and safe haven of light. He promises His love and presence to heal and deliver, to strengthen and help, all those who call on Him.

Like the beam from the mighty lighthouse, that directs ships safely back to harbor, His Light is there to show us the way to Him, for Jesus is truly the Way, the Truth and the Life.

It is my prayer that this site encourages you to reflect His light to those around you who need to know Him. Let Him use you to share His love. And as you embark on this remarkable journey, please share your experiences so that all of us can grow together in our quest to reach all the world, lest anyone should perish.

May God richly bless you!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16


Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Complaining About Complaining

All of us are guilty of complaining about something. After all, this isn't heaven! I was made aware of this recently, and just have to vent! Guess I'm going to complain about complaining!
 
"I have to go into work again. Boy, don't I ever get a day off? They work me like a slave. Don't appreciate me, either."
 
"My kids are driving me crazy! I don't have any time to myself any more. They only come to me for money. They want this. They want that. They want me to babysit their kids all the time. Don't they know I need to save for retirement?"
 
"I don't have anything to wear! All my clothes are either worn out or out of fashion. Need to get more shoes."
 
"I'm too fat. I'm too short. My face is ugly. I don't like the color of my hair."
 
"My parents are weird. They just want to pry into my life and tell me what to do. Don't they get it? I need some space."
 
"I hope my parents don't expect me to wait on them hand and foot when they get old. I'm going to be busy with my own life. Let's see...which nursing home will they like?"
 
"Don't know how on earth we'll be able to fit everybody in for our Thanksgiving dinner. Too many relatives now, and they all want to sponge off on us. And their kids...why don't they make them behave?"
 
"Why can't we have a beautiful home like they have? Boy, they sure go on alot of vacations."
 
"Their kids don't give them any trouble. Why do ours seem to?"
 
My husband is such a slob around the house and never helps me.
 
Fill in the blank with one of your own!__________________________________________________
 
What's wrong with this picture? I don't think we even realize we do so much complaining... but we do. We tend to view the world based on our own comfort level, and sometimes we feel that life is unfair.
 
I heard Joyce Meyers say that when Christians complain about things in their lives, that it disappoints God. For what He has ordained for us isn't seeming to be good enough. Ouch!
 
The Bible has this to say about contentment:
 
Keep your lives free from the love of money
and be content with what you have.
Because God has said,
"Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you."
Hebrews 13:5
 
And Paul writes:
 
I have learned to be content in whatever the circumstances.
For I know what it is to be in need,
and I know what it is to have plenty.
I have learned the secret of being content
in any and every situation,
whether well fed or hungry,
whether living in plenty or want.
Philippians 4:11,12
 
My personal reflection on this is when we complain to others about what we have, there is always someone who doesn't have it, and wish he does. And perhaps we are complaining to the very person who wishes he had what we are taking for granted!
 
Imagine this going on in his head while you are making these statements: 
 
"I have to go into work again. Boy, don't I ever get a day off? They work me like a slave. Don't appreciate me, either."  At least you have a job. I've been looking for months and no one will hire me.
"My kids are driving me crazy! I don't have any time to myself any more. They only come to me for money. They want this. They want that. They want me to babysit their kids all the time. Don't they know I need to save for retirement?"  I wish my kids were around. They don't live near me anymore and never call.  My son died last year in a car accident.
"I don't have anything to wear! All my clothes are either worn out or out of fashion. Need to get more shoes." By the time I pay all the bills, there isn't anything left to go shopping.
"I'm too fat. I'm too short. My face is ugly. I don't like the color of my hair." When I was little, I was burned, leaving my face in scars. Chemotherapy has made my hair fall out.
"My parents are weird. They just want to pry into my life and tell me what to do. Don't they get it? I need some space." My parents are divorced and don't want me in their new lives.
"I hope my parents don't expect me to wait on them hand and foot when they get old. I'm going to be busy with my own life. Let's see...which nursing home will they like?" My parents died when I was a teen. I've had to raise myself.
"Don't know how on earth we'll be able to fit everybody in for our Thanksgiving dinner. Too many relatives now, and they all want to sponge off on us. And their kids...why don't they make them behave?" I'm the only child, and my parents are gone. Never married either. Guess I'll be alone again.
"Why can't we have a beautiful home like they have? Boy, they sure go on alot of vacations." We need to go on vacations to clear our minds from all the stress going on in our lives.
"Their kids don't give them any trouble. Why do ours seem to?" We never could have kids. 
My husband is such a slob around the house and never helps me. My husband died two years ago.
The next time we are in the mood to complain, let's stop and think. What if we were on the other side of the conversation? What if the very thing we are complaining about was taken away from us? Let's put things in proper perspective. Thank God for all that you do have. Thank Him for blessing you with the situation in your life, as this is what He sees fit for you at the current time.
 
And my God will meet all your needs
according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

 


No comments: