Show me the one, show me the way, help me to know just how to share the love You gave.

Look around you! There is probably someone who could use some love! All too often, we find ourselves surrounded by people who are going through some difficult times. Perhaps you are! Whether it's unemployment, family problems, health problems, depression, loneliness, or whatever, all of us would like some relief from what we are going through. We need to see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

And there is! The Light of Lights, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, is willing and more than able to lift us from our darkness, into His pure and safe haven of light. He promises His love and presence to heal and deliver, to strengthen and help, all those who call on Him.

Like the beam from the mighty lighthouse, that directs ships safely back to harbor, His Light is there to show us the way to Him, for Jesus is truly the Way, the Truth and the Life.

It is my prayer that this site encourages you to reflect His light to those around you who need to know Him. Let Him use you to share His love. And as you embark on this remarkable journey, please share your experiences so that all of us can grow together in our quest to reach all the world, lest anyone should perish.

May God richly bless you!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16


Friday, January 24, 2014

Time of Soaking


 
Hear my voice, when I call, O Lord.
Be merciful to me and answer me.
My heart says of you, 'Seek his face!'
Your face, Lord, I will seek.
- Psalm 27:7-8
 
This morning as I was beginning to start another day of painting my kitchen, a thought came to me. I haven't spent enough time with God like I should. Yes, I listen to lots of Christian preachers on television, I read the devotionals that come to me via email. I read a couple of Bible verses, in a hurried way. And I talk to Him throughout the day. But I was realizing that God hasn't been sought by me as He should be! By that, I mean, I haven't been truly seeking His face.
 
So, I went to my keyboard and recorded, in a soothing Bell Pad which I love, the chords for Revelation Song. I recorded about a minute of it, then finished. My keyboard has a loop function that restarts automatically what I have recorded until I stop it. I grabbed the talit that I have folded near the piano and headed to the couch, covering myself in it. As the music played, I just sat there, allowing my heart and mind to focus on Him. My purpose wasn't to ask Him anything, or to thank Him. I was wanting to just sit, like Mary did, and soak up His presence.
 
What resulted was a gentle peace. A calming of my spirit. I wanted to adore Him, and thought of how glorious and holy He is. And who He is to me. Holy. Glorious. Awesome. Powerful. Loving. Merciful. Compassionate. Lover of My Soul. Horn of my salvation. Comforter. Redeemer. Alpha and Omega. The list goes on. Joy sprang up in my whole being. I wonder why I have put this off!
 
I wanted to share this with you because I pray that you can experience this same thing with Him. We all live very busy lives and our plates are full. So many demands. Stress and problems. Yes, we are faithful to go to Him in prayer, asking Him to deliver us from these things and to help us. But how faithful are we in going to Him just to spend quiet time with Him? Do we make Him our highest priority?
 
God has us as the apple of His eye, and He desires us more than we realize! He is so patient with us, and I think we can take Him for granted! I feel like we are disappointing Him when we ignore Him day after day. Spending time with Him is so crucial to our well being and sound mind. We can fill our minds with the knowledge of who He is, and there is plenty of information and studies about that. But, are we filling our hearts with HIM? Do we truly know HIM intimately, as He desires us to?
 
Give thanks to the Lord, call on His Name.
Sing praise to Him, sing praise to Him.
Glory in His Holy Name.
Let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
Look to the Lord and His strength.
Seek His face always.
- Parts of Psalm 105:1-4
 
Perhaps you already have a soaking time with the Lord on a regular basis. But if you don't or haven't had one yet, I'd like to suggest that you find a quiet place and an uninterrupted segment of time in your day. Play some soft worship music, not to distract you but to enhance your time with Him. I am sharing here a video from You Tube to get you started. There are a lot out there, to suit your choice in music. You may also want to light a small candle. Allow your mind to quiet down, ask Him to reveal His Holy Presence to you, and spend that precious time with Him. Think about who He is to you. Tell Him how much He means to you. Adore Him. Show Him your love. And He will take it from there!
 
God bless you as you seek His Face!!
 




No comments: