Show me the one, show me the way, help me to know just how to share the love You gave.

Look around you! There is probably someone who could use some love! All too often, we find ourselves surrounded by people who are going through some difficult times. Perhaps you are! Whether it's unemployment, family problems, health problems, depression, loneliness, or whatever, all of us would like some relief from what we are going through. We need to see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

And there is! The Light of Lights, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, is willing and more than able to lift us from our darkness, into His pure and safe haven of light. He promises His love and presence to heal and deliver, to strengthen and help, all those who call on Him.

Like the beam from the mighty lighthouse, that directs ships safely back to harbor, His Light is there to show us the way to Him, for Jesus is truly the Way, the Truth and the Life.

It is my prayer that this site encourages you to reflect His light to those around you who need to know Him. Let Him use you to share His love. And as you embark on this remarkable journey, please share your experiences so that all of us can grow together in our quest to reach all the world, lest anyone should perish.

May God richly bless you!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16


Thursday, September 27, 2012

No Ordinary Meeting

Several weeks ago I happened to meet a person who had a much different past than I have. He was raised in a big city and, like alot of young people, found himself involved in sex, drugs, and other things. He is now a young father of a baby, has been in prison, and has had many short term jobs. I believe he told me his mother is raising the child, and the young mother of the child is in prison on drug charges. He had found himself immersed in the culture where he lived, with no tools to resist its lure. At his young age he already had a record. And the chances of it continuing on in his life were great. 

But God already had His eye on him. This guy told me that he was searching for some meaning and while wandering downtown, he happened to walk past an inner city church. The doors were opened, and to satisfy his curiosity, he looked in. I don't believe he had ever been in a church. But he told me the pastor noticed him, and invited him in to talk. As a result of many encounters and a relationship being formed between the two, this young man found Jesus. Now he was on the road, with one of the ministry leaders and other young men, promoting this Christian Academy, which is a ministry to help boys find Christ. I was told the program lasts only 9 months, and then the boys can go home, while being encouraged to continue on in ministry.

At first I wasn't sure if this young man was telling me the truth, but the more I talked to him, the more convinced I was that he actually had found Jesus, and that Jesus had changed him. He was a baby Christian, with a huge challenge ahead of him, to keep walking in the faith. He was vulnerable to return to his old lifestyle if he went back to his neighborhood and hung around his old friends. But with Christ, he knew he wouldn't be alone wherever he would go.

I felt priviledged to meet this young man. He was a brave person. Uncertain about his future, he had some anxiety. We prayed before I left, and I told him I was excited about what God was going to do in his life. That we didn't meet by accident. And that I would be praying for him.

This whole experience has reminded me that God is working in all places at all times. He has his eye on each one of us. Not one single person is a mistake! Nor is one single person unusable by God!


For You created my innermost being,
You knit me together in my mother's womb,
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made,
Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from You
when I was made in the hidden place.
When I was woven together...
Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in Your book
before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God!
- Psalm 139:13-17

There is a plan and a purpose for us. His great and perfect love desires us to come to Him, and He uses people, like you and me, to reach out and touch others with His Good News of salvation. There are too many people out there who need to know that Jesus loves them and gave His life for them on the cross. In a big city....in a small town....in your neighborhood....in your family....in you!

If you already know Christ. are you reaching out to others? Are you sharing the love of Jesus to those you meet?


O Father God,
I thank You first for Your gift of salvation
through Your Son, Jesus.
I come to You now to ask You to touch my heart
in a way that leads to a compassionate love for others.
Enable me to look around,
to be aware of anyone who needs You.
Use me for Your glory
to shine Your light in this dark world.
Let no opportunity escape me.
Let no one be an inconvenience to me.
I am Yours. They are Yours.
Help me in building Your Kingdom.
In Jesus' Name.
Amen.


If you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus now, then please know that He is calling you to come to Him! He has known you from the beginning, and He has a plan and a purpose for your life. You are precious in His sight! I ask you to walk in the doors of a nearby Christian church, to talk to a pastor about Jesus' love for you. This will be the beginning of the most important relationship you can ever have. 

O Lord,
I need You in my life.
I want a relationship with You.
Please lead me to someone
who can help me find You.
I know You have loved me from the beginning
and I am not a mistake.
I want to know more about You
and what Jesus did for me on the cross.
Amen.



No comments: