Show me the one, show me the way, help me to know just how to share the love You gave.

Look around you! There is probably someone who could use some love! All too often, we find ourselves surrounded by people who are going through some difficult times. Perhaps you are! Whether it's unemployment, family problems, health problems, depression, loneliness, or whatever, all of us would like some relief from what we are going through. We need to see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

And there is! The Light of Lights, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, is willing and more than able to lift us from our darkness, into His pure and safe haven of light. He promises His love and presence to heal and deliver, to strengthen and help, all those who call on Him.

Like the beam from the mighty lighthouse, that directs ships safely back to harbor, His Light is there to show us the way to Him, for Jesus is truly the Way, the Truth and the Life.

It is my prayer that this site encourages you to reflect His light to those around you who need to know Him. Let Him use you to share His love. And as you embark on this remarkable journey, please share your experiences so that all of us can grow together in our quest to reach all the world, lest anyone should perish.

May God richly bless you!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16


Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Salad Sistas

I can't wait to get together with one of my best friends. We call each other Salad Sistas because when we do get together, it's usually over salads. I remember when we met at a local restaurant recently around 5PM, and the next thing we knew, the restaurant was closing up and it had gotten dark outside! We looked at each other in disbelief that we had talked that long. Needless to say, our husbands were wondering if we were having an affair!

I laugh over that, because to have someone so special in your life that it takes no effort at all to talk and share thoughts is a true blessing. We trust each other, have a similar view on life, both love Jesus, and enjoy our talks. Our husbands like it too because then we're not bombarding them with all this girl-talk.

Are you as blessed as I am to have such a true friend? To have someone who understands you, who will lift you up when you are down, who will keep your secrets, and who will be there for you.

There is such a friend. For all of us. His Name is Jesus. I know it sounds trivial because He isn't flesh and bones to us, and we can't see His face, or hear His voice, or feel His touch. But in a very real, spiritual way, we can!

When you seek Him, you will find Him. He is there waiting for you. And the more time you spend with Him, the closer you are to Him. Trust me....this works! He already knows everything about you, and He still loves you.

 O LORD, You have searched me
and You know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
You perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
You are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
You know it completely, O LORD.

                                   - Psalm 139:1-4


His love for you exceeds everything. It is compassionate, merciful, and everlasting. There is nothing you can do to keep Him from loving you. But for you to experience this incredible love, you need to spend time with Him. On a regular basis. As you get to know Him, you will find your love for Him deepening, and you will be drawn into His presence. You will find yourself thinking about Him throughout the day. And deep inside you, will be visions of His face, inaudible sounds of His voice, and the comfort of His arms wrapped around you. You will truly be a Friend of God!



No comments: