Show me the one, show me the way, help me to know just how to share the love You gave.

Look around you! There is probably someone who could use some love! All too often, we find ourselves surrounded by people who are going through some difficult times. Perhaps you are! Whether it's unemployment, family problems, health problems, depression, loneliness, or whatever, all of us would like some relief from what we are going through. We need to see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

And there is! The Light of Lights, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, is willing and more than able to lift us from our darkness, into His pure and safe haven of light. He promises His love and presence to heal and deliver, to strengthen and help, all those who call on Him.

Like the beam from the mighty lighthouse, that directs ships safely back to harbor, His Light is there to show us the way to Him, for Jesus is truly the Way, the Truth and the Life.

It is my prayer that this site encourages you to reflect His light to those around you who need to know Him. Let Him use you to share His love. And as you embark on this remarkable journey, please share your experiences so that all of us can grow together in our quest to reach all the world, lest anyone should perish.

May God richly bless you!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16


Wednesday, May 9, 2012

How Beautiful Is A Mother's Love

I was blessed to have a wonderful mother! My memories of Mom are filled with her unending love for me and my brother, and for our father. She was always available for us, and was exceedingly generous with not only her time, but her resources. I always knew that when I needed her, she was there. I appreciated her wisdom and view on things, and unlike my peers, I didn't have one of those generation gaps. She was indeed my best friend! Unfortunately, the Lord took her home too early, when she was only 59 years old. Cancer took her life in three months after the diagnosis. Our family was devestated and in shock, not knowing how we would ever survive her absence. But...we did. And she is etched in our hearts and our memories forever. I find myself, as a mother now, attempting to imitate her mothering style, the best way I can. I know I fall short, and she did also, but there is nothing like a mother's love! It is the most beautiful thing a person can receive while growing up, and this treasure enables one to love others. When one is loved, one can give love freely!
In honor of Mother's Day and all those mothers who give of themselves for their families, I would like to share a video that I just finished, called "How Beautiful Is A Mother's Love". I wrote the lyrics, and the melody is from a Twila Paris song. My friend, Renee Wilson, sings it here. It was recorded at church, and unfortunately the volume wasn't high enough. Still, I hope you are able to enjoy this! Happy Mother's Day!!


No comments: