Show me the one, show me the way, help me to know just how to share the love You gave.

Look around you! There is probably someone who could use some love! All too often, we find ourselves surrounded by people who are going through some difficult times. Perhaps you are! Whether it's unemployment, family problems, health problems, depression, loneliness, or whatever, all of us would like some relief from what we are going through. We need to see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

And there is! The Light of Lights, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, is willing and more than able to lift us from our darkness, into His pure and safe haven of light. He promises His love and presence to heal and deliver, to strengthen and help, all those who call on Him.

Like the beam from the mighty lighthouse, that directs ships safely back to harbor, His Light is there to show us the way to Him, for Jesus is truly the Way, the Truth and the Life.

It is my prayer that this site encourages you to reflect His light to those around you who need to know Him. Let Him use you to share His love. And as you embark on this remarkable journey, please share your experiences so that all of us can grow together in our quest to reach all the world, lest anyone should perish.

May God richly bless you!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16


Friday, January 31, 2014

Memories In A Calendar

The past few days I have been cleaning out my kitchen drawers. During the time we have lived here, for over 23 years, we raised two children. Now both of them are on their own, leaving my husband and me, with our miniature Schnauzer, a black cat and a velveteen rabbit. The cat and rabbit, by the way, came to us through our animal loving daughter. But as I said, she is on her own, so I inherited her pets. That's not a problem as they keep us company and liven up our home.
 
Today I was going through a stack of calendars that were on my counter top near my stovetop. I have always used large ones that lay flat, so I could write things in. Things like appointments, birthdays, vacations, etc. And underneath December I would store important papers, like report cards, SAT paperwork, warranty papers, and the such. In this particular pile were calendars going back to 2006! Why I never got around to throwing them out, I don't know. But because the pile has been getting too tall, I decided to weed them out today, as part of my quest to declutter my kitchen!
 
It ended up being a walk down memory lane. I had forgotten most of them, and reading these things brought them back to me. Copies of letters my kids wrote to get into college. School award letters. Driver's license application booklets, emails I needed to keep concerning issues that were going on at the time. Now, all of these things are history. No longer issues. It kind of left me sad.
 
I didn't realize during those years of being busy with raising a family and being involved with church ministries that all those things that were big things would no longer be big later on in the future. But they were big at the time! When you are young, you tend to treat life with gusto. When you get older, you are more reflective, and experience has taught you lots of things. And what are those things? Did I learn anything about life?

I know I am more appreciative of the people in my life. I have lost both my parents and a father-in-law, a sister-in-law and a niece. I can't take anything for granted. I can't predict my future. And in a lot of things, I have no control. Only God does.

I am so thankful that I have a personal relationship with God through His Son, Jesus. Because of that, I have learned to trust Him in all things. The big things and the small things. His Word reminds me that He loves me and has wonderful plans for me. He promises to be with me, no matter what I go through. He knows the future and holds it in His hands. And someday when I meet Him face to face, my life history will flash before me, revealing all that He saw in me. Will I be ashamed? Or will I be pleased? I am so grateful that He is a forgiving God full of mercy and grace. Not that I deserve any of that, but that He willingly grants me those things because of His everlasting love for me.

Now I have a 2014 calendar that has room for lots and lots of new memories. What will this year reveal?  I pray all good things! But one thing I do know. I will get through anything, with Jesus by my side!
 

 


No comments: