Show me the one, show me the way, help me to know just how to share the love You gave.

Look around you! There is probably someone who could use some love! All too often, we find ourselves surrounded by people who are going through some difficult times. Perhaps you are! Whether it's unemployment, family problems, health problems, depression, loneliness, or whatever, all of us would like some relief from what we are going through. We need to see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

And there is! The Light of Lights, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, is willing and more than able to lift us from our darkness, into His pure and safe haven of light. He promises His love and presence to heal and deliver, to strengthen and help, all those who call on Him.

Like the beam from the mighty lighthouse, that directs ships safely back to harbor, His Light is there to show us the way to Him, for Jesus is truly the Way, the Truth and the Life.

It is my prayer that this site encourages you to reflect His light to those around you who need to know Him. Let Him use you to share His love. And as you embark on this remarkable journey, please share your experiences so that all of us can grow together in our quest to reach all the world, lest anyone should perish.

May God richly bless you!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16


Saturday, December 28, 2013

Don't Let Fear Creep In

This morning my husband read to me this verse from 2 Timothy 1:7 -

For God has not given us a spirit of fear,
but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

When I heard it, I really liked it, and thought about its meaning for my life. Sometimes I tend to worry about things. Doctor's appointments...unresolved situations...if my loved ones are okay...etc. I know I shouldn't worry because I know my Heavenly Father has already taken care of them all.

And we know that God causes all things to work
together for good for those who love Him
and are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28
Fear doesn't come from God, but from Satan. He places those thoughts into our minds to get our focus off of God and to not trust Him. We really have to guard our minds and pay attention to our thoughts. If they wander off and we find ourselves becoming fearful and critical, then we need to purposely focus our thoughts back on Jesus. To help me with this, I have a little notebook handy that contains a collection of my favorite Bible verses pertaining to hope and trust and peace. I have it near my makeup table so that each morning I can look at one or two while I am getting ready for the day. Some of them are actual prayers too.
The above verse tells us that fear can be wiped out by power and love and a sound mind. The power of the Holy Spirit in us can destroy those fearful thoughts and feelings. God's love reminds us that He is watching over His children and gives us what He knows is best for us in order to grow closer to Him. A sound mind of peace results from trusting Him. One of those verses I have in that notebook is this:
May the God of hope fill you with all
joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may
overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13 
We live in a world filled with reasons to be fearful of things, but God has already taken care of those things through Jesus' death on the cross. He wants us to trust Him. He is in control of all things. Letting Him take control of your thoughts will help you tremendously the next time you become fearful and overwhelmed by things. 



No comments: