Show me the one, show me the way, help me to know just how to share the love You gave.

Look around you! There is probably someone who could use some love! All too often, we find ourselves surrounded by people who are going through some difficult times. Perhaps you are! Whether it's unemployment, family problems, health problems, depression, loneliness, or whatever, all of us would like some relief from what we are going through. We need to see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

And there is! The Light of Lights, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, is willing and more than able to lift us from our darkness, into His pure and safe haven of light. He promises His love and presence to heal and deliver, to strengthen and help, all those who call on Him.

Like the beam from the mighty lighthouse, that directs ships safely back to harbor, His Light is there to show us the way to Him, for Jesus is truly the Way, the Truth and the Life.

It is my prayer that this site encourages you to reflect His light to those around you who need to know Him. Let Him use you to share His love. And as you embark on this remarkable journey, please share your experiences so that all of us can grow together in our quest to reach all the world, lest anyone should perish.

May God richly bless you!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16


Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Master's House

Imagine this~

There's a get together going on down the street every week, and alot of people go. I know because I see lots of cars parked outside the place. I haven't gone, even though it's open to anyone. Not sure I would fit in. Anyway, I hear rumors that it's neat inside.  And I can hear the music that's played. Makes me wonder, though, what's the drawing card? Why do they go there, every week?
 
Well, the other day, I happened to run into a guy who I know has been going, and decided to ask him.
 
"What's going on there?" 
 
The rest of the story depends on your situation.
 
A. He replied, with a serious look on his face, "Oh, we get together at this place every week. When you walk in, you feel differently because of the way it's decorated. Not at all like my house, but this stuff he has there is what he likes, I guess. Seems like everyone goes, and it's a chance to meet up with everybody. I've been going for years...can't remember why I started going. But if I don't go, I'll feel like I'm letting them down." You then ask, "Well, what's the man like who has the house?" He ponders abit, then answers, "You know, I'm not really sure. I've seen pictures of him, but when I'm there, I don't run into him. Seems like I forget to look him up because I'm busy looking around to see who's there. He always seems to have something to say, but I'm distracted with something. To tell you the truth, I don't really think about the whole thing until the next week rolls around and it's time to go again. Maybe next time, I'll check him out."
 
B. He looked at me, smiled, and said, "You should come with me! It's great and I always leave with a sense that I needed that. The man who hosts it is so warm, you can't help but want to be with him. You know he really cares about you! And I don't know where he gets his wisdom, but everything that comes out of his mouth is worth listening to! He's amazing, for sure. Seems to know me better than I do! My life has sure changed because of him. And for the better. Oh, the music! So uplifting, and we sing it together for him! It's like a celebration of him! Yes, you should come!"
 
Now, think about the church you go to, and your experience. Why do you go? As you see in the first scenerio, the person goes to God's House, because he's been going for years. His family and friends go, and he feels obligated to go too. He notices the surroundings, but he hasn't met the Master! He hasn't bothered to look Him up to get to know Him. He goes through the motions, week after week, but doesn't know why. His life hasn't changed and he continues to live the life he's been living, even though it may be contrary to what's been preached.
 
The second situation shows enthusiasm, and the person even offers an invitation to go with him! He really likes the Master and pays attention to what He has to say. He expects to learn something each time he goes, and looks forward to going again. His life has been changed for the better, and it shows. Everything they do in God's House is to celebrate God's love. Their meeting there is uplifting, purposeful and life changing. The surroundings in this House doesn't compare to the radiance of the Master! They are energized to go out and share with others their meeting with Him.
 
How is it with your church experience? Are you going to church with the right purpose - to love God, to worship Him, to learn from Him? If you were the only person there, would you still be there for Him? Are you allowing Him to change your life? Or do you just go through the motions, getting nothing out of the experience, but to just say you went, and others saw you there.
 
I encourage you to think about this the next time you go to church. Prepare your heart beforehand to meet the Master. Spend time during the week getting to know Him. Pray. Really pray. Read the Bible, and ask Him to speak to you through the Scripture. Think about Him and what He's doing in your life. Focus on Him. Make Him the first priority in your life. And I assure you, that the next time you go to His house, you will meet Him face to face! You will connect with Him and experience His sweet presence. And you will have a life-changing going on inside of you that you will want to share with others! To God be the glory!
 

 
 

No comments: