Show me the one, show me the way, help me to know just how to share the love You gave.

Look around you! There is probably someone who could use some love! All too often, we find ourselves surrounded by people who are going through some difficult times. Perhaps you are! Whether it's unemployment, family problems, health problems, depression, loneliness, or whatever, all of us would like some relief from what we are going through. We need to see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

And there is! The Light of Lights, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, is willing and more than able to lift us from our darkness, into His pure and safe haven of light. He promises His love and presence to heal and deliver, to strengthen and help, all those who call on Him.

Like the beam from the mighty lighthouse, that directs ships safely back to harbor, His Light is there to show us the way to Him, for Jesus is truly the Way, the Truth and the Life.

It is my prayer that this site encourages you to reflect His light to those around you who need to know Him. Let Him use you to share His love. And as you embark on this remarkable journey, please share your experiences so that all of us can grow together in our quest to reach all the world, lest anyone should perish.

May God richly bless you!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16


Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Are You Ready For The Storm?

For the past week, we have heard on the news of the incoming tropical storm, named Sandy. We were told it would travel up along the East coast, then swing inland over New York City, towards Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Sandy has brought lots of trouble. Massive flooding, wind damage, power outages, property damage, not to mention loss of lives. Airports are closed as is the stock market. The news reported that the subway is under four feet of water. I prayed for the homeless and pets, who could be forgotten about in the chaos while people were evacuating. It's interesting that a couple of nights ago, my husband and I watched the movie 2012. If you have seen it, you would think it was a prediction of this storm!

Mankind has always had strong storms to endure, and it has survived, one way or another. America has certainly had its share of violent storms in recent years. Katrina still leaves scars in the Gulf as people haven't been able to rebuild. FEMA was established to help in the recovery after such devestation, but we have found that Mother Nature is a strong lady!

The Bible talks about storms. The storms of life. You know, the things that bring us worry, and stress, and grief. They are inevitable. And just because a person has a personal relationship with his Savior, doesn't mean he is exempt from these storms.

God causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good,
and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
- Jesus - Matthew 5:45

How do you survive these storms in life? Do you have an infallible plan? Are you in a storm right now? What are you hanging onto?

I am reminded of another passage in the Bible that talks about the wise and foolish builders.


Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine
and puts them into practice
is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
The rain came down, the streams rose,
and the winds blew and beat against that house.
Yet it did not fall,
because it had its foundation on the rock.
But everyone who hears these words of mine
and does not put them into practice
is like a foolish man
who built his house on sand.
The rain came down, the streams rose,
and the winds blew and beat against that house,
and it fell with a great crash.

- Jesus - Matthew 7:24-27

Think about this. What is the foundation of your life? Are you trusting in earthly things, or have you put your trust in heavenly things, that is in Jesus Christ? 

 I love you, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer.
My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation,
my stronghold.
I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my enemies.

Psalm 18:1-3


Allow me to encourage you to personally pray the above scripture. Make a declaration that you will allow God to be the rock of your life. By having an intimacy with Him, you will be able to endure the storms that come along your way.

Are you ready for the next storm?






No comments: